Fonds europeen pour la democratie recherche Expert-comptable
Coordonnées du cabinet
Nom du cabinet
Fonds europeen pour la democratie
de la Loi
Région de Bruxelles-Capitale
Description de l'offre d'emploi
Titre de la fonction
Date d’entrée en fonction
Description de fonction
Provide accounting support within the Operations and Finance Team. The selected candidate will work under the guidance of the Chief Operations Officer and will report to the Director of Operations. The candidate shall be responsible for:
• Daily entering key data of accounting transactions in the custom made accounting software
• Updates and maintains general ledger accounts in close cooperation with the Chief Operations Officer and the external certified accountant
• Performs data entry, verification, and back-up;
• Prepares and maintain accounting documents and records, including updating the historical balance (balance âgée)
• Performs accounting reconciliations
• Reconciles accounts in a timely manner
• Ensures that allocating records are accurate and timely for local administration and audits
• Works in close relation with the external certified accountant
• Complies with general office policies, procedures and all legal requirements.
• Assists with the preparation of financial reports and statements
• Prepares annual accounting reports and inventories for EED ExCom members, consultants, as necessary
• Acts as a liaison for suppliers to reconcile any billing discrepancies
• Posts journal entries for accrued expenses and revenue
• Maintains confidentiality of accounting information
• Provide input into development of EED accounting processes
• Undertakes any other finance related duties as required by the Director of Operations
Description du profil
a. Conditions for eligibility:
o Full professional working knowledge of French and English.
o a national or having permanent residence permit of one of the EU/EEA countries or Switzerland or United Kingdom.
o be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen.
o have completed any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service.
b. Essential selection criteria
Level and type of formal education:
o BA graduate in accounting (or similar) from a recognised European university. Preference to studies in Belgium or on Belgian accounting standards.
o At least three years of proven full-time accounting experience
o At least one-year professional experience with Belgium GAAP (working in Belgian accounting office) is required.
o Experience in working with a non-for profit entity, or a grant giving organisation would be significant asset.
o Full professional working knowledge of English and French;
o Organised and punctual.
o Committed to meet deadlines.
o Demonstrate a high degree of ambition, passion, and a “can-do” attitude
o Solid ICT audit skills (Excel, accounting software,..);
o Ability to keep full confidentiality about all assigned tasks and related documentation as well as capacity to exercise confidentiality, discretion and tact when dealing with diverse groups of people.
o Ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally at all levels.
o Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Please make sure you meet all required qualifications and experience before applying. Applicants must upload a motivation letter (outlining why they apply for this job, max. one standard page), a CV (in the Europass format), and contact information for three references via the EED website. Failure to submit these three documents shall result in the exclusion of the applicant concerned from the selection procedure.
Applications should be made here: apply.workable.com/eed/j/B8B418DADE/. After successfully submitting your application, you will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your application. Please no phone calls/emails/letters. Applications should be submitted no later than 15 October 2022, midnight (Brussels time). Interviews will be planned in Brussels for short-listed candidates. A written test may be organised.
The applications will not be returned to candidates but will be kept on file by the EED. The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information. Applications will be subjected to pre-employment screening & vetting, including criminal records check.
EED is not an international organisation or EU institution, and its employment contracts are fully based on Belgian Employment Law.
Indicative gross salary is around €5,772 per month with standard benefits foreseen under Belgian labour law (meal vouchers, 13th month salary etc.), with additional medical insurance. An initial fixed-term contract of two years will be offered, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Expected start day at EED: December 2022/January 2023
Working place: EED Secretariat located in the centre of Brussels, Belgium.
Envoyer CV et motivation
Applications should be made here: apply.workable.com/eed/j/B8B418DADE/.